A community of practice for South African ML Teachers
We will use this network to help everybody keep up to date on the latest developments in Mathematical literacy (ML), debate and discuss issues, share resources, blog about and discuss "How I teach", keep track of curriculum document and discuss textbooks. This group is private so that we can feel free to discuss resources, tests and exams. As a member you will be able to invite other members who you feel will be able to add value to our maths lit community of practice. Any South African ML teachers, ML publishers, teacher supporters, student teachers, ML material developers are welcome to join. Our main focus here will be on the learning and teaching of maths literacy!!! No learners, parents are allowed here! If you are a learner/parent please see our advocacy blog
We will be using Twitter as our communication channel and to model how we can use it in our classrooms. Please register for and follow @mathslitteacher to stay instantly updated with all the latest news and resources If you want to stay in touch with other mathslit teachers using twitter, please search for #mathslitsa on twitter, see the #mathslitsa stream below (or click here).If you send a tweet relating to #mathslitsa, remember to add the hashtag #mathslitsat anywhere in your tweet!
Grade 11 Assignment 2 - Term 4 - 2015Question Paper + Memo + Taxonomy levelsA Rugby World Cup 2015 themed Assignment. This little bugger took me a whole week to piece together. There are too many…Continue
12_Mat Lit_Exam Revision 2012_Space And Shape_Learner Video Learner VideoIn This Lesson We Work Through Typical Exam Questions Dealing With Calculations Of Perimeter, Area, Volume And MapworkContinue
I need some quick feedback on if this community brings you any real value on a personal level, as a ML teacher and as a resource site. Feel free to share frustrations with the community and some…Continue
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a policy refering to the quarterly weighting of tasks? Our school has changed the weighting of tasks for caps from test weighing 75% and the other task 25% to just…Continue
Grade 11 Assignment 1 - Term 2 - 2016Question Paper + Memo + Taxonomy levelsGraphs used for Question 3.3.2 is added as a reply below.I accidentally set up an Assignment for the Grade 11 this…Continue
Grade 12 Investigation 1 - Term 1 - 2016Question paper + Memo + Taxonomy levelsThis Investigation is basically the same one we used last year. However, due to the number of YIP learners, I've watered…Continue
Started by Cadine Webb in Resources May 18.
Grade 12 Control Test 1 - Term 1 - 2016Question Paper + Memo + Taxonomy levels.I also have the excel document where I did the graphs used in the paper which you could use to adjust the values in the…Continue
Hello community!Could you help me please?I have read that some schools 'push' the learners into doing maths lit because it's easier to get a matric pass in maths lit than maths. So the school will…Continue
There are factors that contribute and have a greater impact on the student’s bad performances in grade 12 (Molusi, 2013). The system of education has turned to be a business in South Africa to enrich richest from the poorest this is all around the corners of the cities, towns and villages there are fly-by-night institutions where most of youth and lost generation attends. Thus, the overall of results have a negative impact in districts, provinces and national. On the other hand,teachers are…Continue
Posted by modisaemang molusi on January 6, 2016 at 9:42